Fitness has a lot of advantages for one's health, however not everyone chooses to workout. Regular exercising makes a person healthier, and busy life can't be a reason to abandon your health. People are discouraged from fitness by many factors: busy schedule, laziness and fear of trauma are just a few reasons to mention. If you wish you could be fitter, have more energy and live healthier, perhaps all you need is a good advice and some support?
• Don't take exercising as a torture, have some fun! You may feel exhausted, especially on the beginning, but take a step aside and see if you could enjoy what you do. Turn on a radio, ask some friends to join you, exercise in a park instead of home and try out anything else that could help you feel great while you do your routine. Workout doesn't have to be boring!
• Choose a workout type that fits your capabilities, lifestyle and schedule. You may want to consult your doctor, especially if you hadn't been exercising for a while. A physician can advise so that your workout program and intensity won't be injurious to health. This step is vital if you have any medical conditions. There are many things you can choose to practice: weight lifting, yoga, aerobic dance and many others. Choose the one that fits your personality, but make sure it fits your situation as well. If you have neither space nor money for home gym, you can simply do a run around a block or cycle a bike regularly.
• Warm up and cool down. Exercising is not a complicated thing to do, but don't forget to warm up before the workout so you don't damage your muscles. Take some time to relax after the practice; let your body to cool down and wait till your hear beat is normal again. Do not skip these steps and don't forget to have a shower! It's not for hygienic reasons only: hot shower or bath will soothe your muscles.
• Find appropriate wear and equipment. The clothing should be comfortable, loose fitting and they shouldn't constrain your moves. Make sure the equipment is suitable for you: weight set a friend generously borrowed you might be too heavy. Some exercise programs don't require any specific things, but if yours does - make sure you have equipment of the right size and type.
• Do not torture your body and immune system. If you are sick, it's a clear sign of a weak immune system. If you exercise while you're sick, you will drain your energy even more. Fitness right after meal doesn't do any good for one's health also. Wait a little until your body digests food and you are ready to exercise. Workout after eating is not healthy, that is why most people feel a little sleepy and passive after dinner or lunch - it's just not the right time for physical activities!
• Do not risk your health! If you feel pain, stop to check what is wrong. You may want your doctor to consult you again to make sure your workout doesn't do any damage. Learn to breathe correctly: it is key for every workout routine. Each program has its own do's and don'ts; they are there to help you and protect you, so make sure you follow them.
• Workout regularly and take it to a new level once in a while. Regular routine is much easier for your body than occasional workout. You will adjust to exercising quicker if you do it systematically. Once your current routine becomes too easy for you, consider increasing the efforts to keep your muscles active. Our bodies adjust to a certain load of work after some time, so you need to increase it.
• Don't give up! If the routine doesn't work the way you've expected, you may need to change it. If you want to shape your body, some changes in your diet might be needed in addition to your exercise routine. If you feel too tired and hopeless, ask your friends and family to support you or even join your workout.