Topics: 5294

Do You Really Have To Have Clear Skin To Become A Model?

Total results: 21
Pages: 1 |  2     [2]

:dunno: I'm here to ask. I have a friend who's really beautiful but her skin's just not that good. So.. I've been thinking if is it okay to not have beautiful skin if you're gonna model. There are already computers that could edit models' appearances on print and tv, right?

yea but you'll prolly get more work with clear skin. :)

yea. i thought so. :thumbup:

It should be a must.

clear skin is what distinguishes you from others. without a clear skin, it's really hard to get a job.:saint:

Depends on skin. For face shoot, probably, would take someone with better skin. For body shoot indeed we have make-up, soft light, photoshop and so on.

what a question ... :doh:
... time is money !!! to work with a model without clear skin means more work and more time for the visagist, photographer and for finishing the image ... nobody will pay this time :endecided:
So it's a MUST ...
Tomorrow must be the longest day :shocked: because everything is scheduled on it :doh:

ohh great! I don't have very clear skin :endecided:
* Love the Life* :thumbup:

I've met lots of models who don't have perfectly clear skin. I remember watching a modelling competition show on TV a few years back and one of the winners didn't have clear skin at all.

Simon Lea:

I've met lots of models who don't have perfectly clear skin. I remember watching a modelling competition show on TV a few years back and one of the winners didn't have clear skin at all.

the REAL model business is not a 'modeling competition show' in TV ... it's hard work, spare time ... and ... a lot of models you can chose
... but sometimes also good models have problems with their skin :endecided:
Tomorrow must be the longest day :shocked: because everything is scheduled on it :doh:

ArteMaXX:
the REAL model business is not a 'modeling competition show' in TV ... it's hard work, spare time ... and ... a lot of models you can chose

Truely, you are right. But girls at the beginning of their carrier at 14-16 could have a bad skin or "some imperfections". I've heard, Cameron Diaz still has it. Anyway... Don't be upset it is very easy to have a clean skin. Salons of beauty will help to solve this problem if you can't.

Invest in yourself if you want to be a model.

ArteMaXX:

[Simon Lea: ...]

The models in the competition were already models. But that's beside the point. Lots of models have bad skin, Carmen Electra and Cameron Diaz both have acne problems which haven't held them back.

a clear skin gives a better opportunity of getting jobs.
:lips:sexy:lips:

Do scars make it harder to become a model. Do you even get a chance with scars that were inevitable to stop.

Working with supportive people that accept you for who you are is a dream come true...
Skin can be covered with the special formulas that makeup artists have access to, which burn victims, people who suffer from vitiligo (loss of pigment, which produces white patches), & persons with mild or cystic acne, or anyone with misc. scarring (incurred by auto, sports, or other accidental encounters of the worse kind) can receive application of "high coverage" waterproof makeup.
In other words--THERE REMAINS HOPE for some way to operate under the 'down' time.
:thumbup:

:lookdown:
Let's face it{>
PEOPLE ARE NOT going to remain "perfect" forever...

Getting the industry to accept Models/Actors with imperfections, scars, tattoos, & piercings should bring encouragement to those who feel left out.
Different job offers can apply to those with certain needs.
The more respect that is enforced for tolerance to imperfections with a fostering of kind attitudes, instead of snobbery, the better our future potential talented "unknowns" can gain success!

Best of LUCK in LIFE, LOVE, & Modelling/Entertainment:D:cool:
HugZzz,
Tekhanei:lips::lips:;)
'Hair' TODAY, (Cy) ;) .:. NET=---> Tomorrow! :lol::lips:

thanks alot Sassy V. Your a gem.

Jason Gleeson:

thanks alot Sassy V. Your a gem.

JASON:cool:
It was a privilege to give comfort;)
:lips:

Take care!:saint:
'Hair' TODAY, (Cy) ;) .:. NET=---> Tomorrow! :lol::lips:

As a photographer, I want an easy life. In practice, that usually means that if I can spend 5 seconds doing something in the studio rather than 5 minutes in photoshop afterwards then I will.

Applying that thinking to skin condition, while I can clean up poor skin afterwards, I'd much rather have the model presented with clean skin, either because she already has it or because a make-up artist has made her so.

For a single shot it is far less important, as I'm always happy to put in some effort and finish the job in post-processing, as I did with my current lead shot (her skin was less than perfect and her make-up didn't completely cover it), but if I'm producing a photoset for a client or if it's content for a paysite where they want a whole series of 50, 100 or even more pictures then I'm not going to do the same amount of work as I would if the customer came in wanting a single portrait.

In short, I see it as the model's responsibility to present me with a good, clean, blank canvas. If they don't, then either I have to pay a make-up artist to make it so or else put in extra hours on the computer. Both of these things are costs to me (or to the client), so reducing the value of that model compared to another one who already has the clear skin.

i guess she could work on her skin like going to a dermatologist if she got real serious about it. but yesi suppose if her skin isnt entirley perfect they can edit it on comp.
.:*~Liz~*:.

i believe you have to have a clear skin. cheers.

Hello Everyone!

JURGITA needs your help. We need moderators and contributors. get more information

Jurgita.com team

Total results: 21
Pages: 1 |  2     [2]

Login
You must login using Your jurgita.com account to get full forum access.
If You do not have a jurgita.com account, please feel free to register.

Profiles Online

by NEXT Management NYC
Aug 12, 2014
The Big Easy — Stephanie Joy Field wears in Yves Saint Laurent the pages of the September issue of VOGUE Germany. Visit http://bit.ly/1yrNIPt.
by Supermodels Model Management
Aug 12, 2014
New pictures of Ugne from Next Milan!
by DNA MODEL MANAGEMENT
Aug 11, 2014
#VogueAustralia devotes 16-pages in its #SeptemberIssue to #DrakeBurnette in a sumptuous new #fw14 spread by #WillDavidson. Burnette was styled in a mix of #Givenchy, ...
by DNA MODEL MANAGEMENT
Aug 11, 2014
A windswept #EmmaChamptaloup models in #fw14's finest earth-toned coats for #VogueNetherlands’s #SeptemberIssue, photographed by #AnnemariekeVanDrimmelen.

Contribute content | Browse all articles