Last post by studio jyoti in topic Is this site in on vantilatore?

Topics: 5294

Should I Lie About My Age Against My Look?

Total results: 12
Pages: 1    [1]

Good day (or night) readers,
At times when agents lookng for suitable model/talent for a job, one of the specification is age.
The problem is most of them look first at the portolio info instead of the photo of the person to select the suitable candidates.
With my humble thought i think i look younger that i am.
Waste much time going for interviews as models/candidates are shortlised to attend interview by age range.
Should i start to lie about my age then?

Just something to poundle upon and if anyone would like to enlighten me i would be greatful.

Regards,
Daren Lee

In a word, NO.

Lying on your portfolio is grounds for immediate termination of your contract. Additionally, if a company has already expended time and money in recruiting you, you can be compelled to reimburse that company for its expenses. This can include attorney's fees.

Many governments also require by law that photographers or agents retain proof of age of models. There are huge consequences, including fines and jail time for not doing so. A company if going to protect itself from government sanction, so if you lie, they are coming after you. You are the one who broke the law, not them.

Also, if you burn just one person in this industry, your reputation is ruined for good.

Do as your parents taught you: Never lie
:cantlook: Have faith that the universe will unfold as it should :cool:

Daren,
Carib is right, and except for fees and possible jail just consider this.
I wouldn't do that if I were you either.
Yes it is true that this will probably get you work much faster but when you think about the consequences of that it is not worth it.
Just try, try and one more time try and you will probably sucseed.
All the best.
Jan

No, you shouldn't.

Its better not to lie to prevent unnecessary problems if your lies are ever uncovered. I am sure some clients will still continue to choose you if your looks are indeed younger than your actual age.

Integrity and honesty goes a long way in this industry ;)

You shouldn't lie to your agency under any circumstances!

But when going to actual castings for jobs is is absolutely fine to alter your age to suit the job.

I know in Japan the models always ask their manager at castings,"How old am I today?" when they are filling out the casting sheet.

As long as your look realistically meets that age, then it is fine to fit the character the client is looking for ;)

You shouldn't lie about your age.

Why should you lie? The age is not that important that it would worth to lie about... Actualy: It is stupid to lie about age.
Alex :thumbup:

Thanks Carib, Indre, Alex, Paradise. Riely and Orsiris.

Hmmm..... well perhaps in my country is not that serious. Even sometimes my agents ask my not to mention about my age to their clients and they was one time during a catwalk my they announce my age to the public ten years in difference.
Kinda tough here.

Riely Saville:

You shouldn't lie to your agency under any circumstances!

But when going to actual castings for jobs is is absolutely fine to alter your age to suit the job.

I know in Japan the models always ask their manager at castings,"How old am I today?" when they are filling out the casting sheet.

As long as your look realistically meets that age, then it is fine to fit the character the client is looking for ;)

What you seem to be talking about Riely is the age you will portray in a performance which is radically different from your actual age on legal documents. That is fine and good.

If your age is required on a contract, presenting intentionally false information there is called perjury.
:cantlook: Have faith that the universe will unfold as it should :cool:

yay... crystal clear :)
Thanks Carib! by the way what do you do Carib?

I agree to tell the truth. Sure they look at age but if you fit the look they want it will not matter. When you don't fit the look, i'm sure you feel it was because of your age, when the truth is you don't have the look they want.

Hello Everyone!

JURGITA needs your help. We need moderators and contributors. get more information

Jurgita.com team

Total results: 12
Pages: 1    [1]

Login
You must login using Your jurgita.com account to get full forum access.
If You do not have a jurgita.com account, please feel free to register.

Profiles Online

by IMG New York
Apr 18, 2014
by IMG New York
Apr 18, 2014
Karlie Kloss photographed by Sebastian Kim for the cover of Vogue Korea May 2014
by Supermodels Model Management
Apr 18, 2014
Grete for OneLink Walk catalog!
by IMG New York
Apr 17, 2014
Freja Beha Erichsen photographed by Collier Schorr for the cover of Document Journal #4 SS 2014

Contribute content | Browse all articles