Topics: 5294

People You See As 'Brilliant Singers' Past & New!

Total results: 20
Pages: 1    [1]

People you see as 'Brilliant Singers' Past & New!

We all have different ideas on what is great singing, but it would be nice to share some of our thoughts here in forum and perhaps open our eyes to singers that we do not know of or perhaps have not considered in the past!

I am going to kick off with a singer who is barely known the Uk people, yet when I discovered him I wonder why!

SUNG SI KYUNG of Korea who started his singing career via an internet audition! He is huge in the East with a massive Fan follwing (I don't mean he has a Big Guy behind him lol).

Here is a Great example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYYqBzVhVLQ

Please add more Great singers here!

Bruce Springsteen:cool:
The past and the present! though he hasn't had anything new out in the last 5 years he's still going... Dancing in the dark, Glory days & Born in the USA... timeless classics!

Anouk... she's a current day legend! excellent live:thumbup:

David Coverdale! Whitesnake's frontman & great solo singer...
really soulful voice as you can hear in the break in still of the night or on
last note of freedom from days of thunder:cool:

Gary Young:

Bruce Springsteen:cool:
The past and the present! though he hasn't had anything new out in the last 5 years he's still going... Dancing in the dark, Glory days & Born in the USA... timeless classics!

Anouk... she's a current day legend! excellent live:thumbup:

David Coverdale! Whitesnake's frontman & great solo singer...
really soulful voice as you can hear in the break in still of the night or on
last note of freedom from days of thunder:cool:

Springsteen has stood the test of time yes, proof of a true artist and he has such a following! Sometime it's good that they don't bring too much out I think, keeps it more quality that way.:muscle:

Anouk, well not seen live, but she did the REM song so well in her own style, which was brilliant.:thumbup::cool:

James Brown:cool:

Now he thought the way I think... stay on the scene:lol:

Enrique Iglesias his songs are great :D

Kim S.:

To Kim:

Very true Kim, quite a voice! :thumbup: Do you have a particular favourite or maybe link to one? :thumbup:

To Gary:

Well James Brown cannot be left out of any serious 'Singers or Song' forum again give us a link to a Great example maybe?:thumbup:

Any Mariah Carey Fans in the house? :dunno:

yeah i have one 'not in love'.

yey i just went to a concert (isle of mtv) on wednesday and enrique was one of the singers. i was in front row and came face ti face with him :D I was so happy and laughing like a little stupid girl :cantlook:

Kim S.:

yeah i have one 'not in love'.

yey i just went to a concert (isle of mtv) on wednesday and enrique was one of the singers. i was in front row and came face ti face with him :D I was so happy and laughing like a little stupid girl :cantlook:

Oh wow I bet that was a great concert for you?
That track is a great tune!
This is that track with Kelis here:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OzILrEPMiMg

Yeah that s the one, and yeah the concert was amazing as i saw my two favourite artists one republic also and enrique

Kim S.:

Yeah that s the one, and yeah the concert was amazing as i saw my two favourite artists one republic also and enrique

Two of your favourites at once, how good is that, cool!
Do you see many concerts Kim?

I am side-tracking a bit with this next one, as it is not the greatest singer as such, but it is a combination of good singer, great song and brilliant gutiarist (Carlos Santana) that makes the whole thing come together:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QTh7wsSaWno

Actually it was my first one , but mtv signed a contract with malta and they ll come again for 2 more years and enrique said he'll come again yipeeeee.

In Malta not much famous singers come but duran duran will come this year i tink and DJ tiesto :D

Kim S.:

Actually it was my first one , but mtv signed a contract with malta and they ll come again for 2 more years and enrique said he'll come again yipeeeee.

In Malta not much famous singers come but duran duran will come this year i tink and DJ tiesto :D

The MTV thing should open up some great opportunities for Singers and bands in Malta. You will probably get to see many more through that.

Duran Duran, they keep going it seems! Simon Le Bon yes? They did a cover of the old Lou Reed song 'Perfect Day' some years back:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf3C6rLwK0Y

These so called DJ's aren't artists at all:doh:
they don't sing or perform a thing:doh:
They just destroy other people's records by scratching them:angry:
And you need to be on something to listen to those idiots:lol:

Amateur DJ's that scratch other peoples records & deliberately set their bass knob way too high and these degenerate rappers are all freaks of nature:lol:
1991 is long gone & the fad is out of date!

Coldplay Kaiser Chiefs & Franz Ferdinand are whwew it's all at today:cool:
All these techno freaks need their heads examined & to seek drugs rehab programs:cantlook:

Gary Young:

These so called DJ's aren't artists at all:doh:
they don't sing or perform a thing:doh:
They just destroy other people's records by scratching them:angry:
And you need to be on something to listen to those idiots:lol:

Amateur DJ's that scratch other peoples records & deliberately set their bass knob way too high and these degenerate rappers are all freaks of nature:lol:
1991 is long gone & the fad is out of date!

Coldplay Kaiser Chiefs & Franz Ferdinand are whwew it's all at today:cool:
All these techno freaks need their heads examined & to seek drugs rehab programs:cantlook:

I am all for good music, hence this posting, but once again bitter postings that are negative only serve to halt a forum, is that your wish Gary?

Please note all before you entered here please!

There is a limit to how far someone can put up with you spoiling others environments my friend and you must be pretty damn near it! The topic is good singers, not hints at you not being removed from jurgita as your James Brown suggests, then this next posting hmm where are you going with this?

This is the last time I acknowledge you here my friend, Grow Up as others have said before PLEASE!

Gary Young:

James Brown:cool:

Now he thought the way I think... stay on the scene:lol:

Hmm I don't quite see? Is that comment supposed to have some relevance?

Djs are artists too gary, and you are insulting people by saying that you have to be on something to listen to those idiots.

For your info. i listen to those 'idiots' and i am not on 'something', have you ever heared In the dark , it s tiesto or love comes again
??????????????????????????

They are artists as they create music:doh:

Kim S.:

Djs are artists too gary, and you are insulting people by saying that you have to be on something to listen to those idiots.

For your info. i listen to those 'idiots' and i am not on 'something', have you ever heared In the dark , it s tiesto or love comes again
??????????????????????????

They are artists as they create music:doh:

Well said Kim!

I am not big on trance, but Tiesto, yes I think is talented, I like the Asian influences and the almost Japanese and sometimes Gothic sounds come out in the music, so it is something I could listen too!:thumbup:

Kim S.:

And his father was a great singer too;)
:lips::saint::lips:

Barry White, Luther Vandrose, John Legend, and Rihana. I think the guys have nice voices and Rihana? I don't know how she does it but, she has a strong voice!

"Soul good":lol::lol:...Funmilayo.........:D:cool::cool:
(I'm posting this soley in relative response to your inspiration for me to reminisce.>
I have my own various Favorites.....but I'll keep them in reserve.)

LOVED Luther's Always & Forever>

Barry White's Never Never Gonna Give You Up
Set the mood switch, dim the lights & SLOW DANCE..To Romance..:lips::lips::muscle:
You're taking me back, kiddo, to a time gone by of easy listening..Late 70's & early 80's..;)

ReMember GEORGE Benson??:)
Choir days infected me: On Broadway

As for a present day Artist: I like too many, so I'd have to leave it up for grabs, but end on 'these notes'...:
Let Me Think About It ..Ida Corr

But even if I draw a conclusion, I'm not posting this for the purpose of your's, their's (=the remaining hearers), or because it's my favorite.........BUT, say for the sense of mystery..:shh:
I'll stand on this music princilpe: (My) .. Our Lips Are Sealed ..

One thing's for sure...We all got a, uh, ahem type of: THE 'go-go' BEAT, that pulses vivaciously through our veins!>:muscle::muscle::cool:
'Hair' TODAY, (Cy) ;) .:. NET=---> Tomorrow! :lol::lips:

Hello Everyone!

JURGITA needs your help. We need moderators and contributors. get more information

Jurgita.com team

Total results: 20
Pages: 1    [1]

by NEXT Management NYC
Aug 12, 2014
The Big Easy — Stephanie Joy Field wears in Yves Saint Laurent the pages of the September issue of VOGUE Germany. Visit http://bit.ly/1yrNIPt.
by Supermodels Model Management
Aug 12, 2014
New pictures of Ugne from Next Milan!
by DNA MODEL MANAGEMENT
Aug 11, 2014
#VogueAustralia devotes 16-pages in its #SeptemberIssue to #DrakeBurnette in a sumptuous new #fw14 spread by #WillDavidson. Burnette was styled in a mix of #Givenchy, ...
by DNA MODEL MANAGEMENT
Aug 11, 2014
A windswept #EmmaChamptaloup models in #fw14's finest earth-toned coats for #VogueNetherlands’s #SeptemberIssue, photographed by #AnnemariekeVanDrimmelen.

Contribute content | Browse all articles