Last post by Joseph Carter Murray in topic The Outsiders

Topics: 5294

I NEED YOUR OPINION PLEASE! =)

Total results: 17
Pages: 1    [1]

I've been modeling for over 2 years *but not a full time modeling. Sometimes I don't even do it for over half a year or so.* And have been in Jurgita for 2 years now.

I'm curious. I guess I haven't even asked this since I became Jurgita member.

1. Do you think I can model?

2. What do you think of me? *In modeling point of view, lol*

3. Looking at my port *take a look at my web too pls*, do you think I'm an amateur, semi-pro or pro?

Welll I guess those are what I'm curious right now. Gonna ask some more questions when I have one or two. loL. Thanks so much my Jurgita friends! ^^

Catherina Kurnia:

I've been modeling for over 2 years *but not a full time modeling. Sometimes I don't even do it for over half a year or so.* And have been in Jurgita for 2 years now.

I'm curious. I guess I haven't even asked this since I became Jurgita member.

1. Do you think I can model?

2. What do you think of me? *In modeling point of view, lol*

3. Looking at my port *take a look at my web too pls*, do you think I'm an amateur, semi-pro or pro?

Welll I guess those are what I'm curious right now. Gonna ask some more questions when I have one or two. loL. Thanks so much my Jurgita friends! ^^

My answer to your first question, Do you think I can model?... is yes:thumbup:

From a modeling point of view I don't know why you're not getting far more work,
being 5'7" tall shouldn't be any problem & you've certainly got the good looks:):thumbup:

Looking at what you have on your experience list in your profile I'd say that you should be semi-pro, try putting more than 5 pictures up, some other models have between 10 & 15 up in their profiles & they're only bronze:thumbup:

Perseverance... hang on in there Catherina:thumbup:
Keep contacting the agents directly & don't give up yet, the light of hope still shines:thumbup:

May be worth considering Europe or Australia, just to think about it though, not saying go but that's up to you if you were to decide to try somewhere else, just worth a thought though:thumbup: could maybe lead you to a whole range of open doors:dunno:

Thanks Gary! Well the reason why I don't get far more jobs is because I don't really search for one. =.= LoL. Busy busy... I only search and accept jobs when I have much time in my hands.

Hi Cathy,
I agree to Gary Young on everything he said, but I am looking at this jurgita business in a different perspective. If I don't get a job here. At least it taught me to embark on my newfound fondness in body building and started watching my diets. THAT STILL MADE ME A TRUE MODEL IN MY OWN RIGHTS. I am modeling for my own good health and a better self.
World Peace,
Isco:lips:

Francisco Real:

Hi Cathy,
I agree to Gary Young on everything he said, but I am looking at this jurgita business in a different perspective. If I don't get a job here. At least it taught me to embark on my newfound fondness in body building and started watching my diets. THAT STILL MADE ME A TRUE MODEL IN MY OWN RIGHTS. I am modeling for my own good health and a better self.
World Peace,
Isco:lips:

Wether you make it or not isn't about body building:doh:
it's more dependant on facial looks, height & how you measure up:thumbup:
not so much build! most male models in the mags over here in the UK are more chosen to look more like the target audience for the products the clients are trying to sell, in fact for the past few years the only place you ever see muscular guys these days in the UK is in bodybuilding related magazines, the guys in the mens fashion & personal care product articles & ad's have all been ordinary looking guys for the duration:thumbup:

You'll hate to hear this but the only place other than body building mag's you usually find muscular guys is gay mags (which I do not buy) & boxing/sports mags:thumbup:

Gary Young:

[Francisco Real: ...]
Wether you make it or not isn't about body building:doh:
it's more dependant on facial looks, height & how you measure up:thumbup:
not so much build! most male models in the mags over here in the UK are more chosen to look more like the target audience for the products the clients are trying to sell, in fact for the past few years the only place you ever see muscular guys these days in the UK is in bodybuilding related magazines, the guys in the mens fashion & personal care product articles & ad's have all been ordinary looking guys for the duration:thumbup:

You'll hate to hear this but the only place other than body building mag's you usually find muscular guys is gay mags (which I do not buy) & boxing/sports mags:thumbup:

At least Francesco has a niche market.. most of the people you encourage don't have one.

modelling is a dog eat dog business

Elli H.:

[Gary Young: ...]

At least Francesco has a niche market.. most of the people you encourage don't have one.

TOOO BLOODY TRUE....england's "audience/market" doesnt even excist...you ask any girl who there favourite model is round here and it will be "JORDAN) (PSMLLLL)....asak any girl who ermmmm say "tom warren or danny beachaump" is they'll look at you like "what the hell are u onabout"...

and gary...ur wrong...

models in UK mags dont look ordinary....from what i've seen its about been the complete opposite !!!

Try with local agencies from your country..

oh gary that hurt me, my boyfriend is a model and bodybuilder but turns down and stays away from gay or any gay related offers, he models gadgets for T3 magazine.. because of his build. Its his body and attitude and appeal that got him the job for the local T3 here. Because its what they saw in him. Its who he is and he market himself that way.

i dunno, gary sometimes your words are careless.. just to be honest. :)

No off topic please. People actually reply on this topic ABOUT what I don't ask.

Glad to see you active again. You must realize by now that people hijack topics all the time, you just have to keep swinging away at your subject.

You are in a tough market. Unless you find a way to make yourself stand out, you are merely one of thousands of Asian girls with black hair and dark eyes. But you can be so creative--as with the several shots you did with the mirror and in the restroom. Then, you go and post a nothing picture like the one in the rapper pose, looking like a tourist vacation shot.

If your portfolio is as scattered as your postings here, you will not get work. You must focus and carefully select only your best work for display or to take to agencies. Specifically, don't take any sentimental favorites because you had a good time at the shoot or they were done by someone you like, be merciless in selecting or have someone else do it for you.
If I haven't been there, I'm still planning on going!
If I haven't done it, I've still got time to try!

you have to really work on it though and success doesnt just come right away just like one snap of your finger or a fairy god mother appears and your wish is granted.
you dont need comments because i know you already know you can model since you are already here and i've read your experience and you are already in this industry you already have penetrated it with your knowledge from modelling school and your exposuere.
You dont need people to tell you if they think you can model because you are already a model. You dont need people to tell you if you look like pro semi pro or pro. like i said you are already a model but if you want to be pro then be pro! Tell yourself you are a pro and make yourself a pro and you'll get there.
Fishing for comments wont help if you dont go out and market your own self and not wait for someone to discover you and place you to the limelight right away. You might end up frustrated if you keep on asking people about what they think but you dont really put what they say into use. What you need are constructive comments so that people can tell you what you need to improve on and what you already have perfected.
only you can asses yourself really because jurgita sees only a virtual you. you are the only one who really knows who you are and what you can do. So be patient. may it be a long time but perseverance and patience pays.

1. Anyone can model. Just have to find the right market and photographer and be patient...and sometimes lucky.
2.Good body language for most of the shots you posted. Facial expressions seem ok, eye contact good when needed. However, there are really not enough shots up of you for me to make a solid call. I would suggest adding more.
3. IMO, pros get paid all the time, semi-pros get paid sometimes and amateurs almost never get paid anything at all. LOL

Sincerely wish you the best with your dreams and plans.

Thank you everyone for the comments!

Well actually I was just asking about what you guys people think of me in the modeling way. I'm not really into modeling anymore, since, I've known just how smell the industry is *for me-and what I've learned*.

But I do like modeling for my friends, and for my self! ^^

And Yes, I NEED constructive comments to improve my self. So, constructive comments are more than welcome! :cantlook:

Hi Catherina,

Here my feedback:

Desperate: I like it.
Picss: Middle shot only (Love it!!)
Just 4 & Play in the Sand: Posing could be better here.
Through the Mirror: Good concept, but hot pants need to be a tighter fit or at least arranged better.

Hope this helps!

Hello Everyone!

JURGITA needs your help. We need moderators and contributors. get more information

Jurgita.com team

Total results: 17
Pages: 1    [1]

by NEXT Management NYC
Aug 12, 2014
The Big Easy — Stephanie Joy Field wears in Yves Saint Laurent the pages of the September issue of VOGUE Germany. Visit http://bit.ly/1yrNIPt.
by Supermodels Model Management
Aug 12, 2014
New pictures of Ugne from Next Milan!
by DNA MODEL MANAGEMENT
Aug 11, 2014
#VogueAustralia devotes 16-pages in its #SeptemberIssue to #DrakeBurnette in a sumptuous new #fw14 spread by #WillDavidson. Burnette was styled in a mix of #Givenchy, ...
by DNA MODEL MANAGEMENT
Aug 11, 2014
A windswept #EmmaChamptaloup models in #fw14's finest earth-toned coats for #VogueNetherlands’s #SeptemberIssue, photographed by #AnnemariekeVanDrimmelen.

Contribute content | Browse all articles