Topics: 5319

Has Anyone Gotten This Also?

Total results: 18
Pages: 1    [1]

i got notified by a woman named Brenda who said that her store C4U (Clothes 4 U) was opening up and needed models for their clothes. the payoff was 500 bucks but she wants to pay through creditcard and wants a hell of alot of personal info. i told a friend about it who told me to ask around and that this was most likely a scam. He said a friend of his had the same offer. anyone else get this offer?

Does sound like a scam:endecided:
First I've ever heard of paying a model by credit card though:dunno:

that's what i was thinking. thanks gary

Someone else DID get this and they emailed me about it. I have directed them to this forum post...

Run for your life!!!

LOL~

This is a copy of a similar email sent to another member here...

Hi XXXXXX, Am glad you are supportive of XXXXX's modeling ambition. thats really good of you. I will be at the shoot with her. Though am a very busy person. but i make sure i attend photoshoots, especially when it has to do with young models.
This first shoot will determine if XXXXX will be signed as one of C4U official models. I will make arrangements with the shoot supervivsor ASAP, so he will be contacting you very soon to schedule a date and time within this period of time for the shoot, Okay.
The information below should be submitted to me ASAP, Becuase it will be forwarded to the financial officer/sponsor company of the shoot, who are the ones sponsoring the entire shoot Including the logistics( booking of studio, stage deco, transportation of crew(Photographer, MAU, stylist) down to your location.

PERSONAL INFORMATION
Models Name in full.........
Residential address in full...........
City...........
State...........
Zip-code............
Phone number...(cell and home).....
Age.............
Charges...$500(2 hours)
Statistics for Attires....
Statistics for shoes.....
Any previous Modeling Experience.....

PAYMENT INFORMATION
Name on Card.............
CardCard Number: ............
Card Type.......................
Expiry Date.................
CCV..................
Issuing Bank...........
Card Limit.................
SSN....................
MMN............

I will like to read from you soon with this information, As we have other models that will be doing the shoot too. This will enable fast process of XXXXX's payment. As it is the usual policy of the company to pay models before the shoot, so as to be rest assure that the model are set to shoot.

...if nothing else, the need for card limit is questionable....

The e-mail above is a scam, no doubt abouth that, why would he ask for your credit card details including your ssn.

Agreed with Akland Images. If she is going to pay you, there is no need for **your** credit card information.

Yes It was Me I know, The scammer tried but my Dad works for an aggency that works with Id Theft, He said No way that they need your ccardinfo so they can PAY YOU? this a textbook 411 scam. PLEASE do not be taken by this type of scam, MY dad asked About her and she would not talk about where she lived. How longshe has been working as a scout? Come on Put on that chasity belt !! don;t get screwed...hahahahahha CAUGHT YA !!!!!!!!!!!!:muscle:

Robert Leonard:

Hi XXXXXX, Am glad you are supportive of XXXXX's modeling ambition. thats really good of you. I will be at the shoot with her. Though am a very busy person. but i make sure i attend photoshoots, especially when it has to do with young models.
This first shoot will determine if XXXXX will be signed as one of C4U official models. I will make arrangements with the shoot supervivsor ASAP, so he will be contacting you very soon to schedule a date and time within this period of time for the shoot, Okay.
The information below should be submitted to me ASAP, Becuase it will be forwarded to the financial officer/sponsor company of the shoot, who are the ones sponsoring the entire shoot Including the logistics( booking of studio, stage deco, transportation of crew(Photographer, MAU, stylist) down to your location.

PERSONAL INFORMATION
City...........
State...........
Zip-code............
Age.............
Charges...$500(2 hours)

PAYMENT INFORMATION
CCV..................
Issuing Bank...........
SSN....................
MMN............

I will like to read from you soon with this information, As we have other models that will be doing the shoot too. This will enable fast process of XXXXX's payment. As it is the usual policy of the company to pay models before the shoot, so as to be rest assure that the model are set to shoot.

THAT IS THE EXACT SAME EMAIL I GOT AND I CAN EVEN POST A COPY UP TOO

Robert Leonard:

PERSONAL INFORMATION
City...........
State...........
Zip-code............
Age.............
Charges...$500(2 hours)

PAYMENT INFORMATION
CCV..................
Issuing Bank...........
SSN....................
MMN............

Thanks, Robert. Now this is information around which a judgment can be formed.

Most of the information above is needed when you are making a payment. It is a smartly worded email. Read it again, people. You are agreeing to pay them $500 for a studio shoot. If you give them your info, they will be able to charge your credit card for $500. When you report them, they hold up the contract you made with them authorizing the charge. If they limit their greed to a mere $500.

This information:
Issuing Bank...........
SSN....................
MMN............

...is information that only an identity thief would need.

The biggest warning sign
You do not make credit card transactions through email! Never fill in an email asking for information. NEVER EVER!

Secure credit card transactions are carried out only encrypted web pages. In most browsers, the address bar will turn yellow and a 'lock' icon will appear at an edge of your browser window. This is one indicator that your transaction is safe.

If you are not on a secure page, any credit card information you type can be copied.

As a bottom line, people have to understand that a business will not offer to hire and pay a model it has never seen. If you sit back and just wait for offers to come into your email Because you are just oh so beautiful :sleep: all you are going to get is scammed or contacted by horny people.

Use your common sense. There are legitimate photographers out there looking to trade with or hire models for a shoot. These will be the photographers in your local area or traveling photographers. This is your main market. A big offer is not going to suddenly come to your email unless it is a scam.

Aaron Brown:

i got notified by a woman named Brenda who said that her store C4U (Clothes 4 U) was opening up and needed models for their clothes. the payoff was 500 bucks but she wants to pay through creditcard and wants a hell of alot of personal info. anyone else get this offer?

Yes, i've got the same offer from Brenda Crutchfield brenda4u2feel at yahoo.com
Also be aware of Mr. Kenzo Smith kenzo_models at veryfast.biz

CONGRETULATION!!! YOUR INTERNATIONAL MODEL ENTRY HAD BE APPROVED!!!

I write on behaive of Kenzo Models for C4U clothing line
to inform you that your entry has been approved as one of the
international models for C4U Promotion 2008/09. Here is your reference
number: MD23455ER7C4U. Make sure this ref. number is keep securely.
This will be your C4U ID Number. You are to pay a refundable
International entry fee of $600, which will be refunded and added to
your payment as soon as your invetaion letter and other traveling
papers is prepared. The entre fee must be wired via Western union
Money transfer not later than Monday 23/12/2008 to:

Kenzo Smith
148 Beecham Road,
Reading,
Berks RG30 2RE
UK .

Make sure the entry fee is pad before the stated date, so as to be
able to be part of our official models. you can visit C4U website:
www.clothez4u.com to view the clothes you will be modeling. As soon
as the transfer are done, get back to me with the western union
transaction details such as senders full name and address,MTCN #(10
digit pin),EXACT AMOUNT SENT in the folowing forms:

Senders name.....
Senders full address....
Mtcn pin(10 digit #).......
Exact amount sent......
Security Question and answer......

I expect to hear from you soon.

CONGRETULATIONS!!!!
--
Kenzo Smith
kenzo_models at veryfast.biz

Never send money via Western Union for too-good-to-be-true items/opportunities. There is no way to get your money back once it is wired.

plz dont just send any thing to them ok, its not true.

This is just too dangerous for a starting model. i was nearly to go with them, the fact that I received 2 in the space of 3 days made me think that it was to good to be true. Just be careful... Nothing is that easy in this world...

yes indeed.. couldn't agree more...

Hello Everyone!

JURGITA needs your help. We need moderators and contributors. get more information

Jurgita.com team

Total results: 18
Pages: 1    [1]

by NEXT Management NYC
Aug 12, 2014
The Big Easy — Stephanie Joy Field wears in Yves Saint Laurent the pages of the September issue of VOGUE Germany. Visit http://bit.ly/1yrNIPt.
by Supermodels Model Management
Aug 12, 2014
New pictures of Ugne from Next Milan!
by DNA MODEL MANAGEMENT
Aug 11, 2014
#VogueAustralia devotes 16-pages in its #SeptemberIssue to #DrakeBurnette in a sumptuous new #fw14 spread by #WillDavidson. Burnette was styled in a mix of #Givenchy, ...
by DNA MODEL MANAGEMENT
Aug 11, 2014
A windswept #EmmaChamptaloup models in #fw14's finest earth-toned coats for #VogueNetherlands’s #SeptemberIssue, photographed by #AnnemariekeVanDrimmelen.

Contribute content | Browse all articles