Topics: 5319

Website Using Model's Portfolio Pics For Free!

Total results: 4
Pages: 1    [1]

There's a website called "Free Model Portfolios" that is actually a blog that claims to help models become knows by publishing their portfolio for free, seems to me they're trying to make poor, skimpy imitation of Jurgita. Anyway, the've stolen my portfolio pics, either from my jurgita profle or my website, and they're using them for free as "sample pictures", along with my name and other information, (some of which they've altered).

I know this doens't affect me in a direct way, but what are my rights on this? Is that copyright infringement? I mean, I WORK as a model, if they're gonna use my face on their website then I should get paid, I feel like they're stealing from me. I've already reported the blog, but looks like they won't shut it down.

They've also used another model's pictures which I don't think he consented, I've tried contacting him since he's on Jurgita too, but got no reply.

Maybe Jurgita should watermark model's pics to prevent this from happening.

here's a link to the blog: http://freeportfolios.blogspot.com

If you had copyrights on them, then that is copyright infringement, I had this problem a few years back and got it sorted because I copyright all of my photos under the photographers and my name.

But yes, I agree that Jurgita should watermark the pictures.

Hope this helps:)

Jurgita used to watermark their photos, but they've cutback on site features.
Simplifying their site at the moment, it doesn't look like at the present there will be watermarks for awhile.
Other models have had photos used at other sites that they did not choose.
This is one of the things that even watermarked images cannot stop.
A good rule of measure for Internet photos for models is if you don't want it placed anywhere out of your control, then don't post it.

such a shame... bloody scam artists...

Hello Everyone!

JURGITA needs your help. We need moderators and contributors. get more information

Jurgita.com team

Total results: 4
Pages: 1    [1]

by NEXT Management NYC
Aug 12, 2014
The Big Easy — Stephanie Joy Field wears in Yves Saint Laurent the pages of the September issue of VOGUE Germany. Visit http://bit.ly/1yrNIPt.
by Supermodels Model Management
Aug 12, 2014
New pictures of Ugne from Next Milan!
by DNA MODEL MANAGEMENT
Aug 11, 2014
#VogueAustralia devotes 16-pages in its #SeptemberIssue to #DrakeBurnette in a sumptuous new #fw14 spread by #WillDavidson. Burnette was styled in a mix of #Givenchy, ...
by DNA MODEL MANAGEMENT
Aug 11, 2014
A windswept #EmmaChamptaloup models in #fw14's finest earth-toned coats for #VogueNetherlands’s #SeptemberIssue, photographed by #AnnemariekeVanDrimmelen.

Contribute content | Browse all articles